Our School

582 Meadowfield Road

Gaston, SC 29053


803-399-7965 (fax)


Sandhills Middle School seeks to provide each student with challenging and highly motivating learning experiences.  We are located in Gaston, South Carolina, just twenty miles south of Columbia. We have an enrollment of approximately 500 students with a team of dedicated and highly trained classroom teachers. Our support staff works closely with administration and teachers to help ensure students are offered the best possible education. Grades seven and eight are served at Sandhills Middle School.


From the Upstate or the Lowcountry on  I-26 
Take Exit # 115 onto SC Hwy. 321
Follow US Hwy 321 going towards Swansea
Travel 8.8 miles into Gaston
At the second red light, turn right onto Mack Street between the Texaco and the BP station
Cross over the railroad tracks and turn left at the stop sign
Go around the sharp right curve - this is Meadowfield Road
Travel 2 miles on Meadowfield Road and Sandhills Middle School will be on the right

From Charlotte on I-77
Follow I-77 to the south side of Columbia 
Take exit #1 toward US Hwy 321 going to Swansea 
Make a slight right turn onto SC-73 
At the red light turn left onto US Hwy 321 
Now, follow the above directions

From Lexington on Highway 6
Travel southeast on Hwy 6 through the town of Lexington

Turn right onto Hwy 302, travel approximately 4 miles, curve left onto Hwy 6
Go approximately 20 miles and turn left onto Meadowfield Road·
Follow this road about four miles and Sandhills Middle School is on the left


All Students
All students, new or returning to the district, must have two proofs of residence (one from EACH of the following categories).
Category A

Tax receipt showing both property and dwelling are in Lexington Four's attendance area; mortgage statement or receipt; rental or lease agreement showing the address of the dwelling, the landlord’s name, address, and telephone number (statements from apartment complexes, or other multiple family dwellings must beon letterhead stationary showing appropriate information as mentioned above). 
Category B
Cable television bill, telephone bill (cell phone bill will not be accepted) utility bill such as electric/gas or water/sewer (If these items are included in Rental Agreement, then it must be stated in the agreement.)
New Enrollees
A current immunization record, a copy of your child's birth certificate and social security card, a withdrawal form (if the student is coming from another school), and two proofs of residence as mentioned above.